OUTFIT | BOHO CHILD FAUX FUR COAT

photos by Agape
(Zara vegan faux fur, Asos playsuit, Blanco backpack, H&M boots and necklace)

Had a very vintage Saturday, went thrifting and snaged a really amazing maxi dress from the 60's from Vintage Athens & Bizarre Bazaar and I can't wait to show you guys once I sew it to fit me better, also found a fantastic vintage lamp at Coo. I'm so glad the Vintage movement is blooming in Athens, you don't need me to tell you why that's awesome, from environmental and ecofriendly reasons to simply owning something with a little history that nobody else owns. Go Vintage!  
Also a quick update, after reading a few articles showing how many bloggers actually photoshop their pictures to look thinner, at first I was surprised, then thought I should have seen it coming. I'm not sure why but I felt betrayed by those bloggers, when I previously admired their outfits and thought only someone that thin could pull it off now I don't see the outfit or if they are in shape I just see how insecure they are about themselves. Εven though they have so many people looking up to them. Also being a public figure and photoshoping your body to look thinner is the same as lying to your followers, saying that basically fashion is a fantasy that can't exist in the real world. What they don't understand is that there are a lot of younger girls that are very influenced by them and want to look like them at any cost, unaware that their role model's appearance is clearly an illusion made by liquify filters and warp effects. I just wanted to put on record that my pictures are photoshop reshape free, not that anyone has questioned that but just saying, I only use photoshop to enhance the colors of my images and resize them NOT to make myself look thinner, being a fashion blogger is about showing wearable and practical outfits on the bodies of more relatable, average and not model sized people or unrealistic artificially made bodies. Rant of the day completed! Hurray!

follow me on Bloglovin


Kristen Leo

28 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you, it's saddening.
    On a brighter note, your playsuit is amaze and it really suits you! :) xox

    www.theenglishmuze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that playsuit! I've had my eye on it for a few weeks now.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eve! It was really cheap too on sale for 17 euros!!

      Delete
  3. So true, so much fakeness around the bloghosphere. You look great love the playsuit! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I agree too much fakeness, wish people could have more fun with fashion and not take imperfections so seriously

      Delete
  4. I love that playsuit ! I was not aware that some bloggers photoshop their pictures to make themselves look thinner. How disappointing indeed ! It's just very sad that they don't feel like they can be themselves with their readers but more importantly that they don't see how much their actions can influence younger girls. Especially in a society that promotes thinness as an ideal already. I hope that some will eventually realise how negative of an impact it could have on some people (including themselves).

    xo, Charlie
    http://charlieleschroniques.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlie! couldn't have said it better myself :)

      Delete
  5. Btw. where have you read about it? =D I only know about Kristina Bazan doing ridiculously much photoshop work because I know her in real. Even on her Instagram.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I found out from the instagram account wephotoshopedwhat and other articles :) it shows pictures with obvious photoshop work done I can kinda spot it now on pictures hehe

      Delete
  6. Love this outfit, the playsuit is perfect!

    It drives me crazy when bloggers photoshop themselves, the worst part is that most of them are already skinny and they photoshop themselves to an unrealistic skinny! I feel terrible for the girls who look up to them and think that they should be that skinny too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m so in love with your blog! It’s so beautiful! Great photos & posts!
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful outfit, you look stunning :)

    yellowpumpkiin.blogspot.de/2015/03/blue-lashes.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the romper and sunglasses

    Mel
    http://www.girlandthepolkadot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this boho look
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it!
    Check out my new post on my Blog about the green lake.
    http://carrieslifestyle.wordpress.com

    New Posts online about Hollywood, Beijing, Military Style, the Provence, London...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this bohemian look, such a fan of rompers!

    Agnes x

    http://blvckbee.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your whole outfit looks gorgeous in this xxx

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. that playsuit is so gorgeous, looks amazing on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree, it's so sad... I saw those photoshopped pictures on Instagram and I was shocked!
    Btw, love your outfit, that playsuit is amazing!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the fur coat! By the way, it's very sad to see that famous bloggers photoshop their pictures to look thinner, but I'm not surprised anymore. And I'm glad that these "secrets" are coming out so people realise that no one is perfect and especially younger readers who are taking many of these famous people as role models.

    Fashionably Sparkly

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm in love with your outfit, you look so chic :)

    yellowpumpkiin.blogspot.de/2015/03/blue-lashes.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful outfit! Thanks for your comment in blog, would you like to follow each other?

    http://julesonthemoon.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nice playsuit!

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  20. The outfit looks gorgeous on you! I am big vintage fan too. :)
    Xx
    Rhea
    www.fuss.co.in

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the outfit and the photographs! You look chique

    http://www.thetouristoflife.com

    ReplyDelete

Instagram